2017 Residential INTERCLEAN Show
aka the "Cleaning Convention"
IICRC House Cleaning Technician Certification Class
Sunday, September 10 and Monday, September 11
8:30 am - 5:00 pm | Bally's
Presented by Bruce Vance, ISE
The House Cleaning Technician (HCT) training and certification program is a comprehensive overview of best practices in cleaning. This course is designed specifically for the HCT who wants to meet the expectations of this more educated marketplace of homeowners.
HCT Certification classes must be taught by IICRC-approved instructors through an IICRC-approved school, such as ISE – the Institute for Service Excellence. It is this third party validation through IICRC that ARCSI believes will make House Cleaning Technician certification a "must have" for those cleaning companies who want to be viewed as the industry's leading professionals in the future.
The HCT course takes approximately 14 hours over the course of two (2) days to deliver. An opportunity to take the HCT Certification Examination immediately follows the conclusion of the instruction. An additional payment of $65 to IICRC/CleanTrust must be made at the time the technician attends to take the certification examination.
What Will You Learn?
Topics Covered on Day 1
- The Role of a Certified House Cleaning Technician
- Your Legal Obligation to "Care, Custody, and Control"
- Definition of "Cleaning" and "Clean"
- Impact and dangers of soil and contaminants.
- The Science of Cleaning: Chemistry of Cleaning, pH scale, Solvents, Sanitizers
- Materials and Surfaces: Stone, wood, clay tile, vinyl, carpet, concrete, glass, stainless, and more
- Contents and Furnishing: Caring for soft goods and textiles, window treatments and rugs, furniture finishes, appliances, electronics, collectables
Topics Covered on Day 2
- Value of time, motion and ergonomics
- The right tools, organization and systems
- SOP's and checking your work
- Tools and Equipment: Aprons, brushes, scrapers, vacuums, pumice stone spray bottles and more
- Safety: Slip/fall hazards, ergonomics, ladder and electrical; Bloodborne pathogens, volatile chemicals, MSDS
- Health: Microbes and pathogens, hygienic cleaning, breaking the chain of infection and hand washing
- Appearance: How appearance affects performance, Organizational skills for success, How appearance determines value
- Environment: What is the environment?, How does it affect us?, Who regulates?, Who is responsible?
Here what your peers have to say about the HCT:
“The classes were awesome! I learned a lot and was very encouraged. I feel that I can now bid my jobs with more confidence because I am better educated.”
" I figured that after cleaning for over 20 years I knew most of what would be taught. Boy, was I wrong! I was so impressed with the vast amount of information presented and its value to me as an owner."